Thursday, July 26, 2012

RIP Mary Tamm

Like all Doctor Who fans worldwide, I was very sad to hear about the passing of Mary Tamm. It's very disheartening to think about how often it seems like we have to say goodbye to notable figures from the show's past. For Tamm to die at 62 is quite disheartening. Best wishes and condolences to her family and friends.

The Key to Time series (the only one to feature Tamm as Romana) is one of the first series of the show I watched as a child, and is certainly one of the most viewed seasons from my childhood. It's amazing how well most of the season still holds up today, and she was a big part of why. Her rapport with Tom Baker was a lot fun, and provided a lot of laughs. While I certainly also loved Lalla Ward's Romana, I can't help but wish Tamm had done more than one season. I'm happy that I will get to hear a season of her and Tom Baker reunited from Big Finish!

I started this blog a little over a month ago, and I've already had to do two of these RIP posts. I hope I get to wait a long time before another one is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment