Thursday, September 27, 2012

Power Cubed

I really enjoyed "The Power of Three" last weekend. It reminded me a lot of an experimental Davies episode, like say "Love and Monsters" - only MUCH better. I liked the idea of an invasion taking months and months before it got started. I loved the Doctor going stir crazy sitting still in the domestic life of the Ponds. I loved the return of Rory's dad, which is making me long for a kind of Wilf thing where somehow he becomes a companion of the Doctor. The villain was quite creepy and would love to see him/it return in the future. Most importantly, they really set us up for a heartbreak in the next episode. I can't believe we are about to have to endure a couple more months without new Who - it feels like these 4 (soon 5) episodes have flown by.

In other old news, in the 1-2 months before my move, I got so far behind in reviewing the audios I was listening to, that I put a Big Finish embargo on myself until I was all caught up. I really assumed I would get this all done before I moved, but as we all know, that just didn't happen. With tonight's upload of the "Dust Breeding" review, I have finally caught up. This means, I can finally resume listening to Big Finish again! So tomorrow I will start "Bloodtide" (Colin + Evelyn = ME HAPPY~!). I hope that the reviews will come from me a bit more frequently now, but I won't make any promises. I do really appreciate those of you who take the time to read the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment